Monday, August 4, 2014

FatQuarter Shop Nail Polish Mini Quilt!!!




Hello Ladies/Girls,

Do you ladies/girls love doing mani-pedi. Well as far as I am concerened I am not too fond of going to get medi-pedi done. I love to apply nail polish on my nails. I am a huge fan of all the OPI brown shades..I just love brown.

So why are we talking about Manicure or nail polish etc. well we are doing that as we would love for you to use your favorite nail polish color in a quilt block and join Kimberly and us in a day of girly-blogging about our blocks and mani-pedi love.

If you follow Kimberly on FB or Instagram, they had posted pictures of her favorite nail polish from OPI, Cajun Shrimp, that inspired this Nail Polish quilt block!



Sew Solid series will be focused on modern novelty blocks that you can turn into mini projects, or make several of the blocks for a big quilt.

So, when I received an email asking if I was interested in joininh the event...I said yes. I just love this block..isn't it just cool.

As Brown or rather earthy tones shades of nail polish is what I love I decided to choose my quilt colors based on that...and here is what I came up with.




As you can see I did a very simple quilting nothing fancy with straight lines and diagnol lines using aurifil thread...I just love aurifil. I left the bottle part unquilted as I did not want any lines and was loving the way it looked.


So do you want to join us and get started..go ahead and download the pattern and then watch the YouTube video along!!

Nail Polish Quilt, is the first in the Sew Solid video series for fat quarter shop YouTube channel!
Link to Nail Polis Quilt Video:http://youtu.be/-LYa84Youw4

You can also find the free pattern Here

Do post your finished quilt block pics on FatQuarter shop FB Page..I would love to see what colors you ladies/girls like.

Thanks,


post signature

1 comment:

The Patchsmith said...

I love your 'earthy' nail polish quilt. It looks very 'Zakka'.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...