Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Review and Interview with Marsha Greenberg of Hankie Couture



"Hankie Couture" is an amazing book featuring pretty barbie kind of dolls dressed with victorian as well as modern form of clothing. The book features dolls dresses sewed by "Marsha Greenberg". It is a book which every doll lover would love to have in their collection or would love to gift someone. We may grow up however there is still a small child in us who still loves dolls atleast in me. I am totally in love with this book and the doll dresses. It amazes me that the entire dress is stitched just using a hankie...yes that's true she stitches the whole dress with just a hankie..isn't that just cool. Her book not only features doll with pretty dresses but also has a pattern if you would love to try your hands on stitching. She owns store on ebay, etsy where she sells her doll dresses and even her own unique dolls featured in the bookIt is very much evident how much Marsha loves creating these dresses for her doll with vintage looking hankies.Go check out Marsha and her wonderful creation at Hankie Couture on the below links and I can guarantee you will fall in love with her creations. They are just wonderful.

Interview with Marsha Greenberg.


When did you start sewing?
I started sewing when I was eight years old.

Did you always love sewing/designing?
I love, love, love creating, designing and sewing. The ideas just keep on coming, even in my sleep.

Did you take any formal training?
The only formal training I've ever had took place when I was eleven years old and my mom enolled me in summer sewing course.

How dit it all began, the idea of sewing doll dresses?
One day in 2002, I was on an antiquing trip to Adamstown, Pennsylvania. What I saw ib the corner of an antique store there- a breathtaking display of vintage handkerschiefs and that changed my life forever.

Which is your favorite Hankie Couture dress?
MY favorite Hankie Couture dress is the one I named the Anniversary Muse. It is a red, blue, and white apron dress featuring a double-scallop pattern on the skirt and large red roses in the center. The strategically designed skirt features an apron stitched down on the back and bottom, but the front of the apron is free and can lift up. The apron pattern continues around to the back and the two pieces come together in a perfectly matched seam. The white dress underneath is pure cotton linen. Finishing touches include a matching scallop-rimmed collar, a satin-ribbon belt adorned with a rose, and a floral headband.

How old is a "vintage" handkerchief?
Handkerchiefs became popular in the United States in the 1940s and 1950s, and most of the hankies used in Hankie Couture come from that era.

What other products are you creating for Hankie Couture?
I am now creating Hankie Couture furniture, including bedroom sets, chairs, sofas, lamps, dining-room sets, and vanity tables with matching stools.

Would you love to teach in future?
Absolutely, If I can I would love to teach in future.

Can you share pictures of your workspace with us?
Absoulutely, You can watch this video where I take you through my work area and also demo how I do a dress.

Which websites are your book available on for purchase.
My books can be purchased on one of the stores through this link.

Where can one buy your dress and dolls, if interested?
Store for adorable dresses and unique dolls.

Are you on FB or Twitter to connect with your fans?
Yes I a, I would love to coonect with my fans on both or either place and would love to hear from them.

Thank you Marsha for your time and for giving me the opportunity to review your book. Hey my sewing/quilting buddies do check out Marsha's creation and I am sure you will fall in love. I am currently in process of stitching a dress from her book. Will post pictures soon.

Copyright:Pictures and interview by Marsha Greenberg.

Love,

post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...